Silicone is the coolest new kid on the block. From beauty to bakeware it is disrupting every field. Now this this revolution has reached the dental shores. Here are some top brands of silicone toothbrush
This Swedish brand was one of the first brands to be completely silicone focused and has several award winning products in their kitty.
Their ISSA range of electric toothbrushes are one of the best in the market.
It uses sonic pulse technology which pulses 11,000 times per minute and even removes stains gently. The vibrations of the toothbrush enable effective plaque removal and sets loose the debris that are stuck between your teeth. It also has a tongue cleaner that doesn’t let you skip cleaning your tongue in your brushing routine.
This toothbrush comes with 2 brush heads.
- Regular silicone brush head
- Hybrid brush head.
The hybrid brush head is said to be more effective in cleaning the teeth surfaces because it has a few regular bristles in the center surrounded by silicone bristles outside.
Believe it or not, its not very noisy as the other electric toothbrushes and a single one hour charge will last you 6months -1 year so no hassle of weekly charging or changing batteries.
Poma is a relatively new but a very good brand for people with sensitive teeth. Poma toothbrush comes with a full silicone body.
This brush is a perfect travel companion and for those people who are always on the go since its extremely light in weight and small. But don’t let the size fool you. It may look 20% smaller but it lasts 10 times longer.
- The soft silicone bristles are very gentle on the enamel (outer layer of your teeth) and gums and help in reducing the bleeding from your gums.
- It comes with a wireless charging case needs to be charged only 3 times a year.
Quip silicone toothbrush
Though this brand wasn’t doing well initially due to the low vibrations they’re now ruling the market with their products. These brushes now come with improved quality and features.
Quip electric toothbrushes are very sleek in their design and not very bulky like the other electric toothbrushes. They have a small head with soft bristles which easily reach your back teeth.
You can now assess your brushing activities with these brushes and apps. Bluetooth enabled versions comes not only with a timer and an app to tell you exactly how long to brush but also the duration, coverage , strokes and intensity of your brushing technique.
These battery powered brushes last 3 months and also have solar charging.
All their products have refill subscription so that you never run out of oral hygiene products.
Boie USA recyclable silicone toothbrush
If electric brushes are not your jam, then Boie FINE range of manual brushes are a perfect choice for you.
- These brushes are unique in their designs. The triangular bristles clean the damaged enamel gently and help massage the receded gums as well. The handle is angulated for the brush head and the bristles to reach the teeth that are behind.
- The silver fused bristles make them anti-bacterial and keep your brush hygienic and clean.
- Boie toothbrushes are 100% recyclable and they even encourage you to send their used brushes back to them for proper recycling.
Fisher – Price
Fisher – Price is one of the best brand of baby care products. So its no surprise that their silicone baby brushes are a hit amongst parents and children alike.
- Their double sided finger brush is perfect to gently clean your infants tiny teeth and massage their gums.
- The silicone toothbrush is extremely soft and flexible and is perfectly safe for babies learning to brush.
- It also comes with a protective disc to prevent kids from swallowing the brush
- Both the variants can work as teethers to relive sore teething gums.
Even though Silicone brushes don’t have a lot of research to support their claims, there is no denying that they provide a lot of advantages over conventional brushes. So think of silicone brushes as an investment which will not just protect your teeth but also the environment.