In a world full of problem seekers, be a problem solver!
The pandemic has given dentists two options to either accept the new normal and bounce back harder or continue the rut and crib about uncertainties. The recently graduated doctors must be worried about their student loan or clinic EMIs, comorbidities would be bothering some senior established dentists from practicing. None were spared from the wrath of the global villain COVID19.
Every dark cloud has silver lining
Similarly the pandemic too came with a few handful perks. Curious? Here we go:
1.Spending quality time with loved ones would have otherwise been a distant dream for busy
practitioners as most of them follow a 6 day work week culture. If not this pandemic, you would not be surprised that only Sundays, festivals or an annual outing were the time to cherish, ight?
2. Few dentists took this as an opportunity to develop a new skill or rediscover their old hobby.
3. Some clinicians are utilizing this time to hone their dental skills through various measures like
reading multiple articles or journals, however, an unending break may break
the economic foothold and dent the practices.
➔ Many recently started clinics with hefty debts & loans have closed their clinics or are in verge of
closing, ➔ Remember these lines of Hellen Keller –
Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
My dear clinicians, the need of the hour is to adopt the new normal & adapt our practices
accordingly. Most of the clinicians took this as a golden opportunity by learning & unlearning a couple of things.
- They have upgraded themselves and have modified their way of practicing in numerous
- ways. Scrubs, PPE kit, Rubber dams or loupes are now a neighbourhood of each dental clinic. Hepa filters and similar other additions in the clinic are being done in the pandemic. Though these changes comes with additional cost, considering the safety and quality care which could be provided makes it all worthwhile.
- By making our fraternity extremely proud, few chose the noble way of serving the covid patients.
- Many of them who bore the brunt of the pandemic have learnt their lessons the hard way and have started their financial planning alongside creating an informant of income.
- Some even got their entrepreneurial skills in use by providing covid supplies to the masses.
- This truly shows that “necessity is the mother of invention.”
- Creating online dental content, writing blogs, dental education material for patients, providing educational guidance to aspiring dentists have become a passion for some.
- While some of them have adopted to work with Medical, scientific content writing showcasing their editorial skills
Few have brought the investor side out and commenced their journey in the Bull’s market.
Lets come together fight this pandemic by taking every precaution & continue serving our
patients with nothing less than the best dental care.